Re: Franco

scottdanzig wrote:

To be truthful, I feel good with Franco up there when we need to get a
sacrifice fly or maybe a guy in from 3rd. But I was thinking, wouldn't
it be nice if we had someone up there who could hit the long ball
without it being an amazing feat for a 48 year old.

- Scott

When you only need to squeeze in a run, with a punch to third, or
sac-fly, you'd be incredibly stupid to BANK on a HR. You play the
odds. THe odds are ANYONE will hit a base hit before a HR. With that
in mind, I like what I've seen this season from Franco.

.