Re: Franco

scottdanzig wrote:

To be truthful, I feel good with Franco up there when we need to get a
sacrifice fly or maybe a guy in from 3rd. But I was thinking, wouldn't
it be nice if we had someone up there who could hit the long ball
without it being an amazing feat for a 48 year old.

- Scott

When you only need to squeeze in a run, with a punch to third, or
sac-fly, you'd be incredibly stupid to BANK on a HR. You play the
odds. THe odds are ANYONE will hit a base hit before a HR. With that
in mind, I like what I've seen this season from Franco.

  • Re: OT Too entirely wierd!
    ... "Yup, he would get jelly beans from Ma.", when the car slammed into ... light he probably would not have been hit. ... The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the ... The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: OT: Happy birthday Julio
    ... >Happy Birthday, Julio Franco. ... >became the oldest player to get 50 hits in a season, ... >hit a grand slam, the oldest to hit a pinch-hit home run, the oldest to have ... He eats a steak or fish for lunch, ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees)
  • Re: OT Too entirely wierd!
    ... We are going to be bringing a fellow up from Erie for Christmas. ... Now back last summer he was a witness to a hit and run accident. ... heard chapter and verse about it, how the car ran the light and just ... The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: RIP Julio Francos career....finally!
    ... league debut was when I was 2. ... Jim Kaat walked Franco in 1982, ... Franco became the oldest regularly playing position player in Major League history, passing Cap Anson, the first player ever to amass 3,000 hits. ... oldest to hit a grand slam, oldest to hit a pinch-hit home run, oldest to hit two home runs in the same game, and oldest to steal two bases in the same game. ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: Bummer
    ... >>> deliberately causing the guy to hit you, ... > Certainly the driving instructor wouldn't have expected to be pulled over. ... Bearing in mind I was on a 40mph dual carriageway at the time of the ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)