Re: Delgado better sing GBA in the World Series ...

Travis wrote:
Standing for a song which was a British
drinking song, converted to honour a rag and warfare.

GBA is also a converted drinking song. Drinking songwriters apparently
invented sampling long before hip hop ...

You are kidding, right? God Bless America was written by Irving Berlin.
I have never, ever heard that he used a melody that was already extant.

I think they're confusing "God Bless America" (which was a Broadway show
tune) with "America (My Country 'Tis Of Thee)", which basically has the
same melody as the British national anthem "God Save The Queen". :)

Without looking it up, there's still several errors.

America was sung to God Save the Queen, which was not an old driking
song.

The National Anthem (Oh Say Can You See) was a British Drinking Song.
The poetry was original,
inspired by the view atop Pike's Peak. From there, at above 14,000
feet, standing
on the ground, it's like you're in an aircraft. On one side you see
the magestic plains,
the other side the Rockies. They do not serve oxygen at the snake bar
anymore. Within view is the top secret Star Gate Program and my office
I've visited about 3 times in 10 years (the wonder of telecommuting).
If you're in that part of the world, take the drive up Pike's Peak. On
one side of the road there's the mountain, on the other there ain't
nothing.

God Bless America was indeed a show tune.by the best selling
songwriter, of all time,
Irving Berlin. I believe he only wrote in key of C, and had a tool
added to his piano to transpose.

.