Re: When will Willie promote Wright to hit 3rd?

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 22:11:20 GMT, Lot-o-fun <lotofun61@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

In article <1149630860.020731.148890@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ed
D <Ejd935@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think we would be scoring more runs by
batting Beltran 2nd and Wright 3rd.

If you hit Beltran and Wright in the 2nd and 3rd spot, who do you hit
4th and 5th? Delgado and Floyd? With the two lefties together, that
makes the lineup more susceptable to righty-lefty pitching switches.
And if you drop Floyd to 6th, who do you hit 5th---Lo Duca? Nady?

If you think about the whole lineup, then the current lineup makes more
sense than just thinking about one or two positions.

You give too much credit to righty-lefty thing. The point is to score
runs against starters and with Wright at 3rd and Beltran 2nd it's the
best way to do it.

  • Re: When will Willie promote Wright to hit 3rd?
    ... batting Beltran 2nd and Wright 3rd. ... If you hit Beltran and Wright in the 2nd and 3rd spot, ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: The more I hear about Wright, the more I want him traded.
    ... We realize that you don't believe in HIV. ... I'd ask you which team he would hit 6th in, but it is a waste of time.. ... to design a lineup as if he were a guy who hits in the .250s, ... And you think that is David Wright? ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Yesterdays starting lineup?
    ... This lineup will have Wright desperately trying to hit HRs with 2 out none on. ... With Beltran 2nd or 3rd you have to have a leadoff with an OBP. ... Beltran/Reyes could leadoff the 2nd and later inning often providing late order fun. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: When will Willie promote Wright to hit 3rd?
    ... batting Beltran 2nd and Wright 3rd. ... If you hit Beltran and Wright in the 2nd and 3rd spot, ... If you think about the whole lineup, then the current lineup makes more ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Slumping Delgado
    ... I think he hit 3rd one game recently, with Wright 4th. ... Reyes, Beltran, Wright, Floyd, Delgado etc. ... Beltran is as locked as Delgado.... ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)