Re: Wow, Mets dump Benson and his salary
- From: Zoe Chen <zoechen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:23:00 -0500
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:43:09 GMT, RUL ® <raving@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:02:27 -0500, headbanger11421@xxxxxxxxx (Chris
>>>I think you're in the minority view on this
>>>one. Most things I've read and my own
>>>opinion is that once again Omar has
>>>received less than he gave up. (Other
>>>examples include the Seo deal and the
>>While I think Julio has "Mel Rojas" written all over him, there are some
>>positives to this deal. Benson is overpaid and injury prone, and Minaya
>>successfully freed himself from that burdensome contract and now has the
>>financial flexibility to invest it elsewhere to greater effect.
>Do we really want to give him too much credit for "freeing himself"
>from a ridiculous contract that he negotiated in the first place?
No he didn't.
>All he's really done here is to acknowledge a mistake, and unless the
>move is freeing up money for some other as yet unspecified purpose,
>to compound it with yet another one.
Ready to acknowledge your mistake that Minaya did not trade for
- Prev by Date: Re: Wow, Mets dump Benson and his salary
- Next by Date: People are sad Benson is gone...
- Previous by thread: Re: Wow, Mets dump Benson and his salary
- Next by thread: Re: Wow, Mets dump Benson and his salary