Re: Mets 2006 Projections?

>How are the White Sox a lock for anything? They were a 91 win team
>last year that got lucky and rode some very timely pitching. So far,
>they've added Thome, who is a huge question mark, and Vazquez, who was
>terrible the one year he was in the AL. The Indians underperformed
>their record and have one of the youngest lineups in baseball that is
>only going to get better. I wouldn't be surprised if the Indians beat
>the White Sox by at least 6 games this year.

While the Indians are definitely an up and coming team they also will be
minus their ace from last season (Kevin Millwood). And the W/Sox have
arguably the best starting rotation in MLB. Heck, even Vazquez will in
all likelyhood be their #5 starter.

1. Contreras 15-7 3.61 ERA
2. Buehrle 16-8 3.12 ERA
3. Garland 18-10 3.50 ERA
4. Garcia 14-8 3.87 ERA
5. Javier Vazquez

Super T

--
Sent via Baseball Newsgroups
http://www.baseballnewsgroups.com

  • Re: Mets 2006 Projections?
    ... >>they've added Thome, who is a huge question mark, and Vazquez, who was ... I wouldn't be surprised if the Indians beat ... >>the White Sox by at least 6 games this year. ... The White Sox were 35-19 in one run games. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Lou Piniella
    ... > He is now 62 years old and a throwback to the Leo Durocher "nice guys ... > last" era. ... First, hire Tracy? ... White Sox sitting and waiting for the HR? ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees)
  • How about Mark Buehrle?
    ... He's been mentioned in trade rumors between the White Sox and Mets the ... He has an ERA under ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: How do you spell "Cy Young"?
    ... Carmona: 3:07 ERA in 202.0 IP after today's game ... the Indians have a great top two. ... Carmona, when the RS played Cleveland at the Jake, was brilliant. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Tweet 12/8
    ... # Antonelli wound up going 21-7 with an NL-best 2.30 ERA, ... and a save in a World Series upset over the 111-win Indians. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)