Re: Chipper Jones

"Sam Hutcheson" <thisisnotmyemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:sul4p1t00u643igvvfhcfusn1hq01pjb52@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 19:50:11 -0500, "Bruce W. Goldstein"
> <metfan14@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>And therefore, *nothing* would have kicked in for his 400 PA's last year.
>>Face it, Larry will be 34 in April. He missed 25 games in 2004 and 53
>>games
>>in 2005. Seems like the start of a downward trend. So his *new* contract
>>could very well be a burden in the not to distant future.
>
> i expect 140 games out of chipper next year. sure, he could be on a
> downward trend, but them's the breaks.

Which will make his reworked contract a burden on the Braves. An
organization that needs to get money by having their star players rework
their contracts.

> when he's healthy, he's the
> best hitting 3B in the league, until david wright takes it away from
> him.

Like last year, when Wright was arguably the best *overall* 3B in the NL. In
his first full year in MLB.

BWG

  • Re: Ok they can beat the NATS
    ... Jimmy Rollins to David Wright. ... Chase Utley, ... As a witness to over 100 Met games and whatever number of Met/Philly ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: The Next Mike Schmidt!!!
    ... >>> I have a feeling that when David Wright does make it to the playoffs ... Otherwise he's a solid player who also happens to be ... > 69 games. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Happy days are here again !
    ... "We did win 88 games!" ... David Wright is calling for ... "minor tweaking, here and there". ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees)
  • Re: The Next Mike Schmidt!!!
    ... I definitely believe David Wright has the potential to ... >> 69 games. ... > player until having played well past his sophomore season. ... I would think the first year a player plays 140 games, or more, in a ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: The Next Mike Schmidt!!!
    ... Every highely touted position player is a future ... Look at me ma, look at my team, we have David Wright. ... 132 games previous year, ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)