Re: Delgado vs Mets 1B

Phil wrote:

On 2005-11-24 21:02:21 -0500, "CAL CARPENTER" <CALCARPENTER1@xxxxxxxxx> said:

It was 100 AB and prior to that he had 25/93/.321 in 433 AB in winning the Eastern League MVP. So can I expect it to pull out to 65 HR with 600 ABin the MLB, no. Do I expect 25-30 HR and 80-100 RBI with a .300 avg and to be about 40 million cheaper, yes.

Well, if he does that in 2006, you'll have shown us all, I guess...

Jacobs didnt jump from AA to ML by accident. The talent is obvious.
Better than even odds he will be a good ML hitter.
Smarter move than wasting the youth on Dlgado would have been to sign a veteran adequate RH 1b to platoon. Cheaper in the long and short run.
Spend the money on the greater needs...catcher, bullpen.
.