Re: Delgado vs Mets 1B

Phil wrote:

On 2005-11-24 21:02:21 -0500, "CAL CARPENTER" <CALCARPENTER1@xxxxxxxxx> said:

It was 100 AB and prior to that he had 25/93/.321 in 433 AB in winning the Eastern League MVP. So can I expect it to pull out to 65 HR with 600 ABin the MLB, no. Do I expect 25-30 HR and 80-100 RBI with a .300 avg and to be about 40 million cheaper, yes.

Well, if he does that in 2006, you'll have shown us all, I guess...

Jacobs didnt jump from AA to ML by accident. The talent is obvious.
Better than even odds he will be a good ML hitter.
Smarter move than wasting the youth on Dlgado would have been to sign a veteran adequate RH 1b to platoon. Cheaper in the long and short run.
Spend the money on the greater needs...catcher, bullpen.

  • Re: Delgado vs Mets 1B
    ... >Eastern League MVP. ... So can I expect it to pull out to 65 HR with 600 ABin ... >about 40 million cheaper, yes. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Delgado vs Mets 1B
    ... the Eastern League MVP. ... So can I expect it to pull out to 65 HR with ... avg and to be about 40 million cheaper, ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Really Old TV SF
    ... cheaper at a remaindered store, and the dicussion here lead me to pull ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv)
  • Re: OT - Gas pump
    ... deployment with a slight upcharge and probably still be cheaper than ... the gas station. ... Pull them out as soon as power is restored within ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Am I paying for the same components in Delphi 2005 that I paid for in Delphi 1 and 2?
    ... Alvaro GP wrote: ... >> that previous products should have been cheaper. ... Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] ... pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down." ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)