Re: Mark Teixeira

Conroy wrote:
> Scott Danzig wrote:
> > A bit off-topic, but, isn't Shea Stadium a pitcher's park? Which MLB
> > stadiums are more favorable toward pitching than Shea?
>
> According to ESPN, Shea is ranked about #21 for hitters out of 30.
> http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor
>
> I think there's something wrong with their historical numbers, though,
> since the listed stats for 2000 through 2004 are all the same

Thanks.. that page just convinced me that Shea is very much a pitcher's
park. Last year, Shea supposedly took away a fifth of the HRs and over
half the triples. It seems to affect the game similarly from year to
year.

I saw the listed stats as different though..not sure what you're
referring to.

- Scott

.