Re: Mark Teixeira

Conroy wrote:
> Scott Danzig wrote:
> > A bit off-topic, but, isn't Shea Stadium a pitcher's park? Which MLB
> > stadiums are more favorable toward pitching than Shea?
>
> According to ESPN, Shea is ranked about #21 for hitters out of 30.
> http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor
>
> I think there's something wrong with their historical numbers, though,
> since the listed stats for 2000 through 2004 are all the same

Thanks.. that page just convinced me that Shea is very much a pitcher's
park. Last year, Shea supposedly took away a fifth of the HRs and over
half the triples. It seems to affect the game similarly from year to
year.

I saw the listed stats as different though..not sure what you're
referring to.

- Scott

  • Re: Mets win but....
    ... Shea has never played as an extreme pitching park. ... league ... anything the Mets have had since him. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Mets win but....
    ... basically been a pretty fair park. ... But that's why it's misleading to suggest that Shea is the "polar ... Obviously that would be the EXACT opposite. ... league-average pitcher or worse until they traded him. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Mark Teixeira
    ... Teixeira just happens to play 82 games in a hitters park, ... A bit off-topic, but, isn't Shea Stadium a pitcher's park? ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: This ball park is a joke
    ... I'll take Shea anytime. ... How do the dimensions in this park compare to old Veterans Stadium? ...