Re: More Manny to Mets rumors
- From: "jonathan" <jonathan.merin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 9 Nov 2005 18:07:12 -0800
> This actually makes me more confident about next year because we have
> an in-house solution the problem. Reyes improves his OBP by 40 points,
> which I think is very possible, and Beltran bats 2nd.
You honestly have a lot more confidence in Reyes then I do. I do,
however, think that Beltran will have a much better year no matter
where he hits in the lineup and a .360-.370 OBP out of him is certainly
not out of the question. His second half OBP was .340, 19 points
higher then the first half with almost the exact same BA because he
actually started drawing walks again.
> Last year we sucked at two things. Getting on base and saving games.
> Wagner can solve one problem and improvement from Reyes and Beltran the
No question the bullpen is a problem . . . specifically the closer
spot. I actually think Heilman could do the job though. I seem to be
in the minority on this one. I'm not against paying for Wagner or Ryan
- Prev by Date: Re: News (Gary Cohen)
- Next by Date: Re: More Manny to Mets rumors
- Previous by thread: Re: More Manny to Mets rumors
- Next by thread: Re: More Manny to Mets rumors