Re: insurance runs

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:56:32 GMT, "Mark Hesse"
<MarkHesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>wow we go one, despite mentkiewicz (sp). Will a 2 run lead be big enough
>for Looper?
>
>Earlier he announcer said the Mets are just a couple of players away from
>being a very good team.
>
>like:
>2 more starting pitchers
>a catcher
>a first baseman
>a second baseman
>and another outfielder

Yeah, but the funny thing is - That is ALOT closer to being _a very
good team_ than the Mets have been in quite awhile. Take away Wright,
Reyes, Beltran, Pedro, Hernandez, Benson & Zambrano and add Leiter,
Franco, Kaz Matsui, Jason Phillips, and Richard Hidalgo and we pretty
much have the Mets of the last few years. Yikes!

Super T

  • insurance runs
    ... for Looper? ... Earlier he announcer said the Mets are just a couple of players away from ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Sandy doing great job, signs another first baseman !
    ... three decent OFers but not five first baseman, ... Do you suggest that the Mets stop signing other players they might find useful until they get outfielders that meet your requirements? ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Delgado should take himself out of the lineup and forfeit his salary
    ... giving back his salary so the Mets can do something worthwhile with ... Mets' Delgado: Use My Salary to Improve Conditions at New Stadium ... Let's get a first baseman who can really hit and PLAY. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: From the Star-Tribune
    ... > first baseman $4 million next season. ... > The Mets must announce a decision within three days of the end of he World ... No doubt, they will elect to pay Mientkiewicz a $450,000 buyout ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • stupid baseball etiquette
    ... ninth off of looper. ... deems bigger than this game is just plain stupid. ... TURNING OFF THE OFFENSE BECAUSE OF BASEBALL ETIQUETTE IS OVER! ... i wonder if the mets are thinking to pull up on the ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)