Tweet 7/4

# FOUR-TIZ: We do pause to congratulate Big Papi, David Ortiz, on his
400th major league homer. May he hit many more.

  • Re: Choking, Clutch Hitting, and I do hope we KEEP Big Papi
    ... Bill James did, in 2007, change his mind about whether clutch hitting ... impression that Big Papi has this talent in spades. ... He ain't the David Ortiz of yesteryear, ... I too think they could replace Papi's production in that line up cheaper than say...finding pitching for the same price. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Would walking Papi be smarter?
    ... but I wouldn't have let him hit ... I would make up some David Ortiz rules. ... If he wanted to bunt each game, Papi could break Joe Dimaggio's ... Can you really depend on Manny not hitting a home run? ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Game 10---April 14th.---Dons grad/thoughts!!!
    ... Starting pitching: ... Papi owes Hinske a dinner I think. ... Hinske hits were timely Papi hit that 3 run ... This game's starting pitching grade and comments: ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Would walking Papi be smarter?
    ... Joe Madden, the Tampa Bay manager, got burned by pitching to Big Papi ... but I wouldn't have let him hit ... I would make up some David Ortiz rules. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Would walking Papi be smarter?
    ... Manny is probably the best cleanup hitter ... but I wouldn't have let him hit ... I would make up some David Ortiz rules. ... If he wanted to bunt each game, Papi could break Joe Dimaggio's ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)