Tweet 7/4

# One could certainly make the case that Murphy was a better player
than recent inductees like Jim Rice and Andre Dawson.

  • Re: Jim Rice is a scumbag - treats kids like shit
    ... I tried to get an autograph from Jim Rice once. ... Almost every player I ever met? ... I took my kids to a game at Fenway in 1975 and they were able to get ... Pawtucket waiting for autographs a few years back and these kids pushed ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Jim Rice is a scumbag - treats kids like shit
    ... Out on Yawkey Way, mere steps from the entrance to Fenway Park, sits an outdoor studio constructed by the New England Sports Network. ... As part of their game-day coverage of almost every Red Sox game, NESN employs Jim Rice. ... The odd time, a player would politely refuse, and I accepted the decision graciously. ... Every one of the players was very gracious and talked to the kids and, although I had heard Rice could be a little surly at times, he seemed to be enjoying himself that day. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Jim Rice. WHY not in HOF??? A Travesty
    ... Andre Dawson, Jim Rice, Dale Murphy and Dave Parker. ... Thank God none of them actually lump those four together, ...
    (rec.sport.baseball)
  • Re: NBC: Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot announced (NBC)
    ... Andre Dawson ... My favorite player of the era, the best player in baseball for a 4-5 year period, and that alobe should merit consideration. ... too many years of injuries leading to average performance. ... Hard to ignore a guy who averaged 50 HRs every 162 games, a 12 time all-star, biggest name in the game for a few years, etc. ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: Jim Rice is a scumbag - treats kids like shit
    ... Out on Yawkey Way, mere steps from the entrance to Fenway Park, sits an outdoor studio constructed by the New England Sports Network. ... As part of their game-day coverage of almost every Red Sox game, NESN employs Jim Rice. ... The odd time, a player would politely refuse, and I accepted the decision graciously. ... I took my kids to a game at Fenway in 1975 and they were able to get autographs from Fred Lynn, Rick Burleson, Dwight Evans, Bill Lee and Jim Rice. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)