Re: Mariano - Done for the year!

On Fri, 4 May 2012 06:19:14 -0400, "PatsSox" <PatsSox@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm sorry it happened, too. Terrible way to end a great
career...
if it is the end.

He was the definition of a class act. He quietly worked hard and didn't run around bad mouthing others. How many could have the end of 2004 go the way it did and come out laughing when applauded at the start of 2005.

  • Re: Mariano - Done for the year!
    ... He was the definition of a class act. ... He quietly worked hard and didn't ... run around bad mouthing others. ... way it did and come out laughing when applauded at the start of 2005. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Peter Haas on the "arrogant Swiss"
    ... He's such a pure, class act. ... This has been a constant theme throughout his career, ... Even Serena comes across as impossibly humble when she wins. ... Roger has a lot of positive qualities, but I'm not going to put him in the same class as Laver/Rosewall/Edberg types. ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: Congrats to Ray Allen
    ... He's got one of the purest shooting ... strokes of all time and has been a class act throughout his career. ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)
  • Re: Congrats to Ray Allen
    ... shooting strokes of all time and has been a class act throughout his ... The problem with career records is that longevity is a factor. ... best measure of achievement for comparison purposes is success per ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)
  • Re: Ronnie James Dio Dead at 67
    ... On 5/16/2010 5:29 PM, mercutio wrote: ... everything I have read and seen on TV he was a class act and a very ... sight that the fans are the entire reason musicians have ... a career ... ...
    (alt.guitar)