Re: Whoda closer ?
- From: "Dano" <janeanddano@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:54:49 -0500
wrote in message news:9jhnm1FftjU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dano <janeanddano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't understand how so many just don't "get it" when it comes to closers.
They are the last line of defense. When they enter a game they are expected
to finish it off. That kind of pressure simply cannot be quantified. Of
course that's very important. When Bard came into a game as a set-up guy,
The problem is that the number of situations where that's going to be
very important is drastically overstated by most people.
I don't disagree that someone needs to be a special kind of crazy to make it
as a top closer, but I do disagree that having a top closer is an important
Well we strongly disagree. No amount of debate will change that.
Mind you I don't necessarily think one must pay what Papelbon got from Philly. But that is one hell of a weapon to have in your arsenal.
I also freely admit that I just love seeing that big, dominant strikeout guy coming out and blowing guys away at the end of games. It pleases me from an aesthetic standpoint you might say. This IS entertainment after all. It also probably doesn't hurt in keeping fannies in the seats till the end too.
- Prev by Date: Updated List 2012 Solutions Manuals, Instructor Manuals & Test Banks Collection. Largest Collection Over The Net !!!
- Next by Date: Bard out in the cold ?
- Previous by thread: Re: Whoda closer ?
- Next by thread: Re: Whoda closer ?