Re: Looking back

"PETER SHORTS" wrote in message news:f9e870e9-532d-4cfa-9ea9-5be9a5d36172@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Nov 22, 2:59 pm, Aceves-AvilesFan <srgntbi...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just think - prior to the All Star break we all thought Adrian was a
lock on the MVP.

'we all'? i don't think so. also, he got off to a slowish start. i
don't think it was until august or so that many people thought that
he, pedey, and ellsbury were among the front-runners. not many people
thought he had a lock at any point.

===================================
I don't recall anyone thought of any Sox players as a "lock". If anything I think having two guys like Ells and Gonzo having good, if not great years, splits the vote and makes it harder for either.

  • Re: Accepted changes dont stick when emailed
    ... Select just the FILENAME field and press Ctrl+F11 to lock it. ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... Track changes still needs to be ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Forms Toolbart Disabled Icon
    ... Microsoft Office MVP ... Forms toolbar - the instructions I found say to go to the View Tab and use ... I did it on my computer, but when I got to hers, I saw that the LOCK ... I was wondering how to enable the LOCK icon. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars)
  • Re: Where to Lock when updating a DataTable
    ... RightHand .NET consulting & development www.rthand.com ... Miha Markic [MVP C#] wrote: ... Currently I lock the Dataset on each modification - but am I locking at ...
  • Re: when my window talks to my thread
    ... but when I lock like this ... Is the window thread and the ui thread separate? ... CEvent for any purpose whatsoever. ... MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: whats wrong with lock(this) ?
    ... To prevent multiple threads entering the same codeblock, ... >> more time it costs to lock it. ... > classes are locking on the same reference. ... Microsoft C# MVP ...