Re: Jed Lowrie or Marco Scutaro

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT), PETER SHORTS
<petershrts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jun 8, 11:39 pm, DieHardBosox...@xxxxxxxxx (Red Sox Rule Yankees
Suck) wrote:
Marco Scutaro just comes off the DL, and idiot Francona gives Scutaro
the starting SS job back. What does Terry got against Lowie? I thought
once Scutaro returned Lowrie would continue starting at SS, but no as
soon as Scutaro is off the DL Terry bumps Lowrie off by giving the job
back to Scutaro. Does it have anything to do with the fact that Scutaro
makes more money then Lowrie. I guess that's how it works in the Majors,
if you have a bigger contract then one of your prospects the kids is
given the hook even if he's earned the playing time.

If i was Terry i would be playing Lowrie still. Scutaro has to show me
he deserves to have his starting job back. Who would you rather be the
Red Sox starting SS right now?

lowrie isn't a prospect, and he hasn't been hitting well lately.
scutaro is also a better defender, so why not give lowrie a little
rest while seeing if scutaro is back to normal?

Especially when Lowrie isn't 100% healthy and is struggling against
RHP.
.