Defensive indifference

I hate the way the Sox allow the runner to take second due to defensive indifference. I understand their thinking that with a large enough lead, that runner doesn't matter. However, they have given up a run in the 9th of the last two games that they wouldn't have if they had just played regular defense. Has there ever been a situation in which, after the game was over, a team thought "boy if we hadn't have held that runner, we would have won" ?

Tim

  • Re: Defensive indifference
    ... take second due to defensive indifference. ... enough lead, that runner doesn't matter. ... of the last two games that they wouldn't ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Defensive indifference
    ... take second due to defensive indifference. ... enough lead, that runner doesn't matter. ... of the last two games that they wouldn't ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: devensive interferance
    ... Defensive Indifference. ... The defense allows a runner to take an extra ... The third most exciting play in baseball. ... Number two is a batter put out on the infield fly rule. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Things that dont show up in the boxscore...
    ... that "crisply" played baseball to be MUCH,MUCH more important in ... winning the majority of games, especially close, lower scoring games ... the runner on first base, so Lowell, the runner on third correctly ... the scoreboard, but they'll keep their share OFF of that same ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees)
  • Re: A-HOLE
    ... <<He leaves that runner on third with less than 2 outs SO MANY times. ... How could you not if you've been watching the games? ... But he went 3-3 on Tuesday night, wah, wah, wah. ... I'm not saying he sucks. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees)