Tweet 3/16

# Even in his heyday, Boggs was criticized in some Boston quarters for
being selfish, caring too much about stats, not hitting HR, etc.

  • Re: In advance of the MVP vote
    ... Yet, his traditional hitting stats ... Cabrera - of whom only Beltran has overall value close to Pujols ... I don't know if the calculation includes the clutch hitting adjustments ...
    (rec.sport.baseball)
  • Re: Spring Training Success
    ... I think Spring Training stats have some meaning......about the same as ... controversial --- that one cannot draw valid statistical inferences ... player looks good hitting, well, he looks good hitting, and THAT is a ... Hall also has not been good. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: In advance of the MVP vote
    ... Yet, his traditional hitting stats ... Cabrera - of whom only Beltran has overall value close to Pujols ... I don't know if the calculation includes the clutch hitting adjustments ... random fluxuation and not an actual ability. ...
    (rec.sport.baseball)
  • Re: In advance of the MVP vote
    ... far fewer Win Shares than Pujols. ... Yet, his traditional hitting stats ... Cabrera - of whom only Beltran has overall value close to Pujols ... I don't know if the calculation includes the clutch hitting adjustments ...
    (rec.sport.baseball)
  • Re: Lester vs. Santana
    ... hitting than the AL this year and shows stats that would at first glance ... But the NL stats "excludes pitchers." ... Now you have to include pitchers to establish a "true" ... in one of the leagues. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)