Re: Tweet 10/7

On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 19:13:07 -0400, bismotwitter <bismo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

# Speaking of magazines, you can buy an issue of Newsweek for
$5.95....or the whole damned company for $1!

Obviously misleading. It was $1 cash and payment of it's debt.

  • Re: AT&T charges extra to pay cash [Telecom]
    ... coins as for payment for goods and/or services... ... The doctrine of legal tender is essentially as follows: ... debt, a complete defense to any action for non-payment of that debt. ... If the seller does not want cash, ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)
  • Re: AT&T charges extra to pay cash [Telecom]
    ... at a store in cash are charged an additional service charge for "the ... complete defence to any action arising from the debt being unpaid. ... A customer who finds that the cash is refused as payment of their debt, ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)
  • Re: BT payment handling charge
    ... company wanted you to pay off your debt at the rate of £100 per month ... break your agreement and skip the CC payment? ... who don't pay their debts avoid DD, ... cash that I had no need to, as I have plenty of cash. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Accepting Cash - Update
    ... shipping. ... I also accept USPS Money Orders and cash (though I ... eBay pulled all but two of my auction listings because ... not deleted since they too had these same terms regarding payment... ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Receipts from Bank
    ... I recently deposited a cash payment into a personal current account at ... a high street bank and was refused a receipt for the deposit. ...
    (uk.legal)