Re: Tweet 10/3

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 07:14:55 -0700 (PDT), Wayback1918
<wayback1918@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 6, 9:47 am, BTT <BTTalbot2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Oct 4, 9:07 pm, bismotwitter <bi...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

@Gary: Yes, and I hope Wakefield accepts this and retires gracefully.
It would be best for all parties. And I hope he stays in organization.

For years Wake had a year-to-year contract for $4M, but at the end of
2009 he signed a 2-year deal. His base salary for 2011 is $1.5M, with
incentives.Seems like he plans on retiring after the 2011 season. For
$1.5 M, I'll bet that Theo keeps him here.

BTT

Wakefield may intend to retire after 2011.....but I imagine the Red
Sox think he is retired now. At least for this team.

He ain't part of the bridge....

As I just posted, I agree. He's putting himself above the team. He
already said he was upset at how he was used last year. Why would he
think it would be better next year? Chances are it will be worse.

Plus he has to know he can't catch Clemens' win record.

  • Re: Tweet 10/3
    ... It would be best for all parties. ... For years Wake had a year-to-year contract for $4M, ... mopup as a reliever and he's not an effective starter anymore. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Tweet 10/3
    ... It would be best for all parties. ... For years Wake had a year-to-year contract for $4M, ... Wakefield may intend to retire after 2011.....but I imagine the Red ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Tweet 10/3
    ... It would be best for all parties. ... For years Wake had a year-to-year contract for $4M, ... I'll bet that Theo keeps him here. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Ten weeks
    ... I thought Wake had signed a two-year contract for 2011-2012, ... intent to retire after 2012. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Age and employment in the Netherlands
    ... please hand them a wee contract to create a web page almost daily. ... When I retire, I don't want to work that much. ... but still doing an intense design now and then. ... which schematics I could possibly present in an interview if I ever ...
    (sci.electronics.design)