Re: Tweet 10/3

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 06:47:41 -0700 (PDT), BTT <BTTalbot2003@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Oct 4, 9:07 pm, bismotwitter <bi...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
@Gary: Yes, and I hope Wakefield accepts this and retires gracefully.
It would be best for all parties. And I hope he stays in organization.

For years Wake had a year-to-year contract for $4M, but at the end of
2009 he signed a 2-year deal. His base salary for 2011 is $1.5M, with
incentives.Seems like he plans on retiring after the 2011 season. For
$1.5 M, I'll bet that Theo keeps him here.

BTT

I hope not. Just because his salary is low doesn't mean you keep him
on the team as a liability. It's obvious he has no role other than
mopup as a reliever and he's not an effective starter anymore.
His spot in the bullpen can be put to better use.

His excuse that he can't pitch well when used sporadically doesn't
wash since that is the only way he would start. And chances are that
Doubront would probably be the "6th starter".

  • Re: Tweet 10/3
    ... It would be best for all parties. ... For years Wake had a year-to-year contract for $4M, ... Wakefield may intend to retire after 2011.....but I imagine the Red ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Tweet 10/3
    ... It would be best for all parties. ... For years Wake had a year-to-year contract for $4M, ... Wakefield may intend to retire after 2011.....but I imagine the Red ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Tweet 10/3
    ... It would be best for all parties. ... For years Wake had a year-to-year contract for $4M, ... I'll bet that Theo keeps him here. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)