Re: The Yankee Strategy
- From: "Eddie" <Pbass71@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 18:10:32 -0700
"BTT" <BTTalbot2003@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Oct 3, 6:15 pm, "Alan E. Seelbach" <alseelb...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
For some of the folks that don't understand, this is how it worked.
The Yankees have controlled their destiny for the last week.
Here's the bottom line: The Yankees want to play the Twins for the ALDS
because they're beatable.
Here's how they did it: by winning when TB did, and losing when TB did
because TB owned the tie.
This RS/Yankees series meant nothing other than to force TB to face Texas.
Which is exactly what the Yankees wanted.
So, as you RS fans sit happily with a series win, you've been used one
time for a greater purpose.
Riiiiiight--the Yanks wanted to lose to the Sox in the final series.
Which is why they played their starters:
Granderson, Tex, A-Rod, and Cano in all 3 games; Jeter and Swisher in
2 of 3 (Swish PH in another).
Yep, they were trying to win the sereis, but failed.
They won a spot in the post-season. The sawx won a 6 AM tee time.
- Prev by Date: Re: The Yankee Strategy
- Next by Date: Re: The Yankee Strategy
- Previous by thread: Re: The Yankee Strategy (Pratt)
- Next by thread: Selig announces a new wild card just for the sox