Re: Will Bay hit .230 or .240 in NY?

"Dano" <janeanddano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hhp5j7$6q8$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Ray O'Hara" <raymond-ohara@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hhp47j$hd8$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"The Venerable Sarge" <srgntbilko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ffcc691f-f07d-460e-be5b-f3d8f812f7df@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Jan 2, 8:37 pm, MuahMan <muah...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm gonna go with .237 avg for the season.

Well let's see - if he is going to face Brad penny and John Schmoltz
he might hit .320

I don't get all this hate for Bay?
he was great for the Sox and the Sox decided to let him leave because of
slavish attraction to sabermetrics.
we will miss Bay.

I don't know that there's a lot of hate. Just not a lot of passion about
him.

Do you have a lot of great memories...moments you'd care to share? Big
game
winning hits? His swagger? Stepping up and putting the team on his broad
shoulders type of stuff? Just curious...

Good ballplayer? Sure. Irreplaceable? No. Ironically he was the guy
that
proved even Manny could be replaced. So can he.

he stepped in for Manny and he produced. his one full year he led the team
in HRs and RBIs.
can you point to anything you'd complain about?
in the aftermath of Mannygate Bay was the calm they needed.
and if Drew is worth 14 he's worth 16.

  • Re: Will Bay hit .230 or .240 in NY?
    ... he might hit .320 ... I don't get all this hate for Bay? ... I don't know that there's a lot of hate. ... and if Drew is worth 14 he's worth 16. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Will Bay hit .230 or .240 in NY?
    ... Well let's see - if he is going to face Brad penny and John Schmoltz ... he might hit .320 ... I don't get all this hate for Bay? ... I don't know that there's a lot of hate. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Will Bay hit .230 or .240 in NY?
    ... Well let's see - if he is going to face Brad penny and John Schmoltz ... he might hit .320 ... I don't get all this hate for Bay? ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Will Bay hit .230 or .240 in NY?
    ... Well let's see - if he is going to face Brad penny and John Schmoltz ... he might hit .320 ... I don't get all this hate for Bay? ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Josh Reddick
    ... He seems like a younger Bay with better defense. ... I also won't be entirely shocked if Cameron actually has more HR's ... I am pretty sure Xavier Nady will hit more ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)