Re: OT Bail out
- From: McDuck <wallyDELETEMEMcDuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:37:14 -0500
On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 09:40:08 -0500, "BBrain" <bbrain2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
The problem with rechargeable electric cars is that you have to generate the
electricity to power them. Right now that means using primarily fossil
fuels, which only add to the enviormental problem. That's why fuel cells
seem so attractive. Of course somehow you have to generate the hydrogen that
is required (at least with the current technologies that are being
proposed), so it isn't clear that even fuel cells are the ultimate answer.
Yes, as I said. The best way to think about it is to view gasoline as
a battery. We know how it is "charged" --- just that it takes a couple
of million years. Can any of the other batteries be charged more
efficiently? So far, the clear answer is "no". When gas goes to
$10/gallon, the answer changes.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT Has anyone see this cool thing???
- Next by Date: Re: OT Bail out
- Previous by thread: Re: OT Bail out
- Next by thread: Re: OT Bail out