Re: First Sabathia, now Lowe
- From: richardcarlisle@xxxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:09:26 -1000
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 08:06:08 -0800 (PST), Orwell
I like Lowe but holy cow, what are they thinking? $17.5 million per
year? For Derek Lowe? A guy who over the last four years in the piss-
poor NL West averaged 13 1/2 wins and 12 losses per season?
Yeah, they sure are stupid for doing that. Let's see:
In 2004, he finished 14?12 with a 5.42 ERA in 33 starts during the
Idiotically, they let him pitch every deciding game in the post
In case you forgot, he was 3-0 with a sub 2 ERA in four games, three
of them starts winning all three deciding games.
And he is the only pitcher in baseball history to accomplish that
feat helping the Sox win their first World Series championship in 86
Some might say that Lowe is clutch in the post season and any team who
aspires to win the whole enchilada could do worse than having him on
- Prev by Date: Re: First Sabathia, now Lowe
- Next by Date: Re: new catcher?
- Previous by thread: Re: First Sabathia, now Lowe
- Next by thread: Re: First Sabathia, now Lowe