Re: OT Iowa (Gnork)

Nina Jarvis wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 09:21:27 -0600, Shufflin Shears
<shuff@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Visit the Holocaust Museum in DC sometime. The history lesson will make your blood boil. Why on Earth did it take a bomb dropped on Hawaii to get us to enter WWII and stop that madman from killing millions of people? Millions lof lives would have been saved if we had gotten involved years earlier.

jews approached the US, the US turned themn away and they
returned to Germany.

We should have gotten in WW2 sooner.

Isn't this exactly what I was intimating above?

I had a number of relatives who went to fight in WW2.
One of them came home to basically say good bye to his family.
The idea was he was not going to return. Fortunetly for
him the war ended before the operation.

IMO, it's not okay to just sit back and let barbaric dictators kill people. Those who have the power to stop such atrocities are obligated to do so.

Lets see....at any given time there are 75 wars on this planet.
How do we decide which ones to get involved in? We can't fight them all.

That's right, but we can't ignore them either.

  • Re: OT Iowa (Gnork)
    ... Why on Earth did it take a bomb dropped on Hawaii to get us to enter WWII and stop that madman from killing millions of people? ... How long can we remain as hall monitors for the planet? ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: wd-40
    ... 250 million people at the end of WWII, ... We either reduce breeding or accept that things are going to be more ... If you took all the people on earth and stacked them up like cordwood, ... At population density of Hong Kong, everybody on earth would fit in the ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: (OT) Are you smarter than a sixth grader?
    ... “The earth has warmed and cooled over many years. ... The jury responded more warmly, however, to Caleb Poppe’s response: The graphic cited a Hawaiian source; Hawaii has volcanoes; volcanoes emit CO2. ... I forgot how Hawaii is the only place that's happening. ... Drill Alaska! ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Japanese aircraft carrying Sub located.
    ... A Japanese aircraft carrying super sub, scuttled by the US Navy after WWII and missing since 1946, has been located off Hawaii. ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: Sneezing on Greenpeace
    ... Troll. ... >> Ahhh, Earth to Chomko..... ... WWII is over. ...
    (sci.space.policy)