Re: Clemens better not be lying. Perjury can get really ugly.
- From: Gahook <gahook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:15:09 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 4, 5:34 pm, "Dano" <janeandd...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Gahook" <gah...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
WASHINGTON -- Roger Clemens and the former trainer who said he
injected the seven-time Cy Young Award winner with steroids and human
growth hormone have been asked to testify before the House Oversight
Committee at a Jan. 16 hearing, The Associated Press learned Friday.
It's the same congressional panel slated to hear the day before from
baseball commissioner Bud Selig, union leader Donald Fehr and former
Senate majority leader George Mitchell, the author of last month's
report on doping in the sport.
The word I heard used was *invited*. Do you think either will accept the
invite? I bet they don't without a subpoena and/or immunity from any
prosecution. Furthermore, you can be sure Rog won't want that either.
Invite can turn to subpoena real fast.
- Prev by Date: Re: Clemens better not be lying. Perjury can get really ugly.
- Next by Date: Re: former beauty queen.
- Previous by thread: Re: Clemens better not be lying. Perjury can get really ugly.
- Next by thread: Re: Clemens better not be lying. Perjury can get really ugly.