Re: Wildcard teams...
- From: Cliff <Cliff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 2 Oct 2007 13:50:48 -0700
The Undertaker <Don't bother...send to usenet> wrote in
The wild card is about letting a team that lost the penant sneak into
TIf they 'sneak in' they don't go very far. In the last decade at least
three wildcard teams have won it all. Weak teams don't win the World
Excess off days, more rounds and short series increase the chance that a
comparatively weak team will win the World Series. That fact that some
wildcards teams (aka the second place team with the most wins) have won the
World Series does not justify their presence in the playoffs. MLB could have
used coin flips instead of win total to decide which second place team in each
league makes the playoffs and the playoff games/series wins by wildcard teams
would have been similar.
- Prev by Date: Re: TREVOR HOFFMAN
- Next by Date: Re: Re: JD Drew! P.O.G.
- Previous by thread: Re: Wildcard teams...
- Next by thread: Re: Wildcard teams...