No clear advantage
- From: "Wayback1918" <wayback1918@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 24 Mar 2007 10:46:42 -0700
So why are the Red Sox prohibited favorites?
Before Papelbon was demoted to the bullpen I thought the Red Sox had a
clear advantage over the Yankees in starting pitching. The hope
being that this would be enough to over come the disadvantage in all
the other areas.
Right now I don't see any area that Red Sox are clearly superior.
Line up - Yankees by a lot
Bullpen - Yankees by a little but pretty close now
Fielding - Probably a push
Speed - Pretty close
That brings us back to staritng pitching:
Wang vs Schilling......Advantage Yankees but could be close
Mussina vs Beckett....Advantage Yankees
Pettite vs Dice-K .....Advantage Sox....
Pavano vs Wakefield....Maybe Sox
???? vs Tavarez .... the bar is not that high that the Yankees
could get at least a push here.
Serioulsy weakening the rotation is not the way to strengthen the
- Prev by Date: Re: Angie baby
- Next by Date: Re: OT Flags of Our Fathers
- Previous by thread: Predict Date Manny Will Bail This Year
- Next by thread: Re: No clear advantage