Re: Kyle Snyder

"tomladd" <nhsl@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1174276140.486386.225130@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mar 13, 10:59 am, "Wayback1918" <wayback1...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mar 12, 10:32 pm, "tomladd" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Player W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HBP BB > SO
> J Tavarez 0 0 3.52 5 0 0 0 0 1 7.2 6 5 > 3
> 1 2 5 4
> K Snyder 0 0 4.15 2 2 0 0 0 0 4.1 6 2
> 2 2 0 2 5
> J Pineiro 0 0 5.68 5 0 0 0 0 1 6.1 9
> 5 4 1 0 3 2
> K Gabbard 1 1 6.75 2 2 0 0 0 0 4.0 3 4
> 3 1 0 4 2
> C Hansen 0 0 9.00 2 0 0 0 1 1 2.0 4 2
> 2 0 0 1 1

> Spring Training so far - (NI today)

> I'm not being impressed by any of these numbers...

> Tom in NH

I wouldn't be too quick to send Snyder out of town.

He was the 7th pick in the draft back in 1999....ahead of both Sheets
and Zito

Injuries may have taken their toll but when he was healthy he was a
very higly thought of pitcher just a few years ago.

Its not like Delcarmen and Hansen are pitching well enough to push him
off the roster.

Snyder looked pretty good as an 8th inning "closer" today.

At this point I don't see why they wouldn't give him a shot. Papelbon stepped up last year. Unless someone gives the Sox a serious offer, give him a try. He has said he's game for it. We'll lose him if he doesn't make the club. He's done everything he can in my estimation. I like the guy. What is the harm?

  • Re: Kyle Snyder
    ... Spring Training so far - ... Tom in NH ... I wouldn't be too quick to send Snyder out of town. ... off the roster. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Kyle Snyder
    ... >>> Tom in NH ... > Snyder looked pretty good as an 8th inning "closer" today. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: BREAKING NEWS: Tom Snyder Has Died
    ... Tom Snyder's passing this week deprives us of one of the best ... Craig Ferguson is clever yet cerebral ... It's not that David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Jay Leno or even Jimmy ... Snyder ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: BREAKING NEWS: Tom Snyder Has Died
    ... ram through gags, not blow hype smoke, not rant and shout, not reveal ... Tom Snyder's passing this week deprives us of one of the best ... It's not that David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Jay Leno or even Jimmy ... Snyder ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: BREAKING NEWS: Tom Snyder Has Died
    ... Tom Snyder, the local TV newsman-turned-latenight host whose ... interviews as host of NBC's "Tomorrow," which followed Johnny Carson's ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)