Re: Dice-K history

"Ray O'Hara" <roh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:sMGdnatxM_8QHU7YnZ2dnUVZ_s6onZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Srgnt Billko" <frrt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:9qKAh.44450$2m6.15695@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My source just told me Dice-K once pitched a 17 inning game and threw
over
250 pitches. Has that been mentioned in here ? If so, I must have missed
it. WTH is going on here ? Man, I'd be very hesitant to go big (no
HUGE)
bucks for a guy with that in his resume.

mike torrez would throw 100 warmup pitches on game day.
the way they use pitchers today hurts them. they pitch tnen the teams let
the arm tighten up again before there next start. back when they had 4 man
rotations pitchers suffered fewer problems.

Mike Torrez ? Isn't he the guy who blew a big one for us ?

.