Re: Oh, The Winter Bliss (or, Wake Me When Baseball Is Back)

On Feb 7, 6:46 pm, "Jay Hatfield" <top...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Bob-Nob" <bobno...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Jay Hatfield venit, vidit, et dixit:

Oh, The Winter Bliss
(or, Wake Me When Baseball Is Back)

Coughing and sneezin', 'tis truly the season
for funny hats, mittens, and flu.
Snow drifts are howling, and snow plows are prowling
the streets for more mischief to do.

Sidewalks are slippery, and most folks would flip were we
taking a walk in this crap.
Oh, face numbing wind burns! I can't wait for Spring's turn!
Just wake me when baseball is back!

(Chorus...if you were singing along!)

Wake me when baseball is back!
Wake me when baseball is back!
Coughing and sneezin', I *hate* the off season.
Just wake me when baseball is back!

The response of an East Coaster living in LA...

The sniffles, the sneezes, those nor'eastern breezes --
You're clearly too near the wrong ocean!
Here girls in bikinis drink apple martinis
And need some help putting on lotion.

I mention these facts (as I rub down their backs)
'Cuz I have some warm wishes to give:
Have fun shov'ling snow, getting flu, and just know
That the world ain't as bad where I live.

*grin* Catch you later.
--Robert Machemer

(I really liked your poem, especially the rhythm, so was
inspired to write a reply in kind).

Oh, how I envy you...

this sox fan needs to move west. i can barely type im so cold.

.