Re: OT: Bush Is About to Attack Iran

Fred Burton wrote:

We were talking about the concept of destroying an idea. Fascism is an
idea.
Leftism is an idea. Are you so small minded that you cannot understand the
parallel?

Advocating a war to wipe out an idea is unproductive. You can't wipe out ideas. You can't fight war on a concept (though in America, you have tried at least twice - the war on drugs, and the war on terror. Both haven't gone very well).

And, not to mention there is quite a difference in terms of how easily palatable fascism is to the world in general, and leftism. If you simply wiped out ideas you don't support, the world would be a pretty shitty place to live.

You bring up the First Amendment and you say that ***I'm*** deflecting
because
I counter your hypocritical argument?????

No...you *are* deflecting. I will leave it up to you to figure out how that works...
.