Re: One non-trade = a trade

"Steve Robbins" <srobbins31@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:7tmdnZ9hxuIEpOvYnZ2dnUVZ_t-dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It appears Theo had enough of negotiating a deal for Manny:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/12/05/manny.trade/index.html

And it then appears that resulted in moving forward with this deal since
he didn't appear to be trading for a SS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2687827

The line-up sure seems a ton better. You can also hope that adding
Matsuzaka and Papelbon to the rotation with Lester possibly staying warm
in Pawtucket makes the rotation much better also.

I look forward to seeing what Wily Mo can do playing more but Manny, Drew
and Crisp would be a heck of an outfield. I wonder if the Sox will put F.
Lee Bailey on retainer to defend Lugo the next time he beats the shit out of
a woman...

.