Re: Hope u didn't miss this one

Dave Bismo wrote:

Seriously, Jarvis is old and awful. I'm sure they didn't give up
anything of value for him, and I'm not upset about such a minor deal,
but the trade still seems inexplicable. I guess they need another
warm body in Pawtucket, but that season is almost over. I can't
imagine than Boston would need this guy in September either. (If they
do need pitchers, they can recall people like Breslow, Chris Smith,
Zink, etc.)

In trying to come up with a stretch for this one. Could Theo be planning to call up enough pitchers that he just needed a warm body to help Pawtucket finish their last four games. Lord knows the big club's pen is well abused.

--
The Unofficial a.s.b.b-r Reference Page
http://redsox.robbins-ut.com/index.html