Re: Comparing Francona to whoever

"Gary" <golferace2@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:q5sef2drh97gb8aho53733c63a0et3ri60@xxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:10:48 GMT, "Srgnt Billko" <frrt@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

<humblepatience@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1156985640.764990.55360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Asked about Youkilis' nickname of "Euclis, the Greek God of Walks",
manager Terry Francona remarked, "I've seen Youkilis in the shower, and
I wouldn't call him the Greek god of anything."

The frequently repeated comment by Francona. Oh I know he claims he said
it
in jest - but can you believe that either Torre or Cox would make a
comment
like that about one of their players - jest or no jest ?

Big deal. Different personalities. Also, one must consider the ages of
Torre and Cox, compared to Francona.

Would the ages be considered before management ability and intelligence or
after ?

  • Re: Comparing Francona to whoever
    ... Asked about Youkilis' nickname of "Euclis, the Greek God of Walks", ... manager Terry Francona remarked, "I've seen Youkilis in the shower, and ... in jest - but can you believe that either Torre or Cox would make a comment ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Comparing Francona to whoever
    ... Asked about Youkilis' nickname of "Euclis, the Greek God of Walks", ... manager Terry Francona remarked, "I've seen Youkilis in the shower, and ... in jest - but can you believe that either Torre or Cox would make a comment ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Comparing Francona to whoever
    ... Asked about Youkilis' nickname of "Euclis, the Greek God of Walks", ... manager Terry Francona remarked, "I've seen Youkilis in the shower, and ... The frequently repeated comment by Francona. ... in jest - but can you believe that either Torre or Cox would make a comment ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Comparing Francona to whoever
    ... The frequently repeated comment by Francona. ... Torre and Cox, compared to Francona. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)