Re: Comparing Francona to whoever

"Gary" <golferace2@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:q5sef2drh97gb8aho53733c63a0et3ri60@xxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:10:48 GMT, "Srgnt Billko" <frrt@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

<humblepatience@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1156985640.764990.55360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Asked about Youkilis' nickname of "Euclis, the Greek God of Walks",
manager Terry Francona remarked, "I've seen Youkilis in the shower, and
I wouldn't call him the Greek god of anything."

The frequently repeated comment by Francona. Oh I know he claims he said
it
in jest - but can you believe that either Torre or Cox would make a
comment
like that about one of their players - jest or no jest ?

Big deal. Different personalities. Also, one must consider the ages of
Torre and Cox, compared to Francona.

Would the ages be considered before management ability and intelligence or
after ?

.