Re: Beanball leaves Beantown

DonFromBarre@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Oceanview says:
<<Getting hit at 85mph is different than 95. >>

Having never been hit by a pitch at either speed I can't swear to this
but what you say sounds a lot like saying 30 below zero is different
that 40 below. <G>

It makes a big difference. Getting hit by a curveball doesn't really
hurt. I got hit in the ribs once by a pretty good fastball, probably in
the 80 to 85 range and the imprint of the stitches from the ball were
visible on my left side for close to a week. At 95 it would be worse I
am sure.

  • Re: Sachins Helmet before wicket by Hair
    ... >>and people saying it hit is helmet/head therefore could not be out. ... >>decisions...the aussie umpires rarely gave aussie batsmen out lbw and ... We've been told umpteen times that it was absolutely plumb, ...
    (rec.sport.cricket)
  • Re: Who Sez Secrets Cannot be Kept?
    ... The saving grace is that they're 'spot checks', they're set up to hit 'likely' targets and they're usually not that secret.. ... Not saying you're wrong.. ... no amount of training will protect you from a ton of steel coming at you out of nowhere.. ... this one is more a public safety issue..Penalties for DUI are not really deterrents, so I have no issues with the spot-check idea to keep people honest.. ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: Sachins Helmet before wicket by Hair
    ... >and people saying it hit is helmet/head therefore could not be out. ... As soon as I saw VVS bat in Adelaide I was certain he was ... >decisions...the aussie umpires rarely gave aussie batsmen out lbw and ...
    (rec.sport.cricket)
  • Re: Inquest hears Tomlinson death from internal bleeding
    ... He was hit with a baton that didn't seem to affect him at all. ... I paid attention to the video of the incident, and it is entirely fair to ... to affect him" isn't the same as saying that it didn't leave a mark. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: there will never again be anyone quite like him
    ... but he had to hit the road to pay the bills for it.. ... I'd almost wager to say that if he had stayed in the studio instead ... He wasn't saying that near the end. ... the tough get going". ...
    (alt.guitar)