Re: Manny's Still the Man

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:08:49 -0400, "Jim Tiberio"
<jimtiberio@xxxxxxxxxxx> quacked:

>>> DUH, what Infield Fly Rule applies with one runner on base?
>>
>> I thought that's when it applied, in order to stop teams dropping the ball
>> on purpose to get the DP
>Man they'd have a bitch of a time getting a DP in that situation since the
>batter is probably already at or very near 1B when the ball is caught.

One word ---- Manny <g>.

As an aside, Manny scored the winning run, but almost was out at first
by chugging slowly down the line. I realize he has hammy issues and
does not like to go all out unnecessarily, but ...
--McDuck

  • Re: How to START watching baseball
    ... MOMMY AND GRANMA WERE YELLIN AND SCREEMIN AND HITTIN THERS HANS ... the infield fly rule to our bunch (explanation follows below my ... If there is a runner on first with fewer than two outs and a fly ball ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: How to START watching baseball
    ... MOMMY AND GRANMA WERE YELLIN AND SCREEMIN AND HITTIN THERS HANS ... the infield fly rule to our bunch (explanation follows below my ... If there is a runner on first with fewer than two outs and a fly ball ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Why the infield fly rule was invented
    ... ball, picked it up, tagged the runner coming from first and ran to ... Unless the kids softball infield fly rule is different than the ... The batter was either dogging it, is the slowest runner in the history ... These are little kids, and their pop flys are just bloopers. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Mannys Still the Man
    ... what Infield Fly Rule applies with one runner on base? ... ball on purpose to get the DP. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Mannys Still the Man
    ... what Infield Fly Rule applies with one runner on base? ... >>I thought that's when it applied, in order to stop teams dropping the ... missing a makeable play. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)