Re: OT Oakland

Lee Harris wrote:
> What they have done is really remarkable, they've won 26 of the last 32
> games, and you would not put it past them to be the wild card or even win
> the AL West now - amazing. I doubt many people saw that coming this year at
> least

Somebody posted on the Oakland A's newsgroup about 5 or 6 weeks ago
just as their run was starting, that the A's were 300-1 to win the
ALCS.

I had just finished reading Moneyball, and I actually thought the
genius that is Billy Beane could turn it around. After all he had
masterminded the two best post All-Star second half seasons in history.
My only reservation was their inability to get over the ALDS hurdle.

I wishing now I'd placed that bet while they were 300-1.

  • Re: OT Oakland
    ... Lee Harris wrote: ... > games, and you would not put it past them to be the wild card or even win ... in recent baseball history. ... Billy Beane seems to be an alchemist for ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: pocket chess computer
    ... You mention Chess Genius, this good program is also available for a number of smartphones including iPhone, Windows Mobile phones and Symbian S60 phones. ... I can also run Pocket SCID, a chess database where you can search through _large_ amounts of games for specific games, players or positions. ...
    (rec.games.chess.computer)
  • Re: Dickless Ralf
    ... Kris clearly has a genius for marketing games. ... Korneliussun, Gipf cheerleader in chief. ... Harald is always first in line to ...
    (rec.games.abstract)
  • Re: Im Postal
    ... I'm sure we would've celebrated 5 Superbowls by now. ... OK genius, ... When would I have the time for that..I have a real job that requires my ... that stands on the sidelines, yeah, that'll help you win games. ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles)
  • Re: Timlin top tip
    ... Lee Harris wrote in message... ... don't finish the 8th with runners on. ... >A team that loses 97 games is just shit, regardless of the manager, IMO. ... Bad decision making doesn't account for a team losing 97 ...