Re: cooler pipe tobacco

On Jul 22, 4:38 pm, jerrygarrison <garriso...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok Pipers,
I went back to 1964 (in memory) and called a very old co-worker and
asked about a menthol pipe tobacco we shared from his pouch.  My old
co-worker remembers that it was "Greenbrier" or something very close
to it. I am looking today to see if I can find any history about it.
jerrygarrison

That kinda rings a bell Jerry. There's a site called pipe-pages or
something similar that has old pipe catalogs & old flyers from Wally
Frank's mail order company. I had it book marked but lost all that
good stuff when my hard drive took a dump a while back. Perhaps
someone can provide the link ? Lotsa old time Pipe & Tobacco stuff on
this site.

Paul Z

  • Re: cooler pipe tobacco
    ... asked about a menthol pipe tobacco we shared from his pouch. ... co-worker remembers that it was "Greenbrier" or something very close ... Here's the link Paul was speaking of: ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: cooler pipe tobacco
    ... I went back to 1964 (in memory) and called a very old co-worker and ... asked about a menthol pipe tobacco we shared from his pouch. ... co-worker remembers that it was "Greenbrier" or something very close ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • cooler pipe tobacco
    ... I went back to 1964 (in memory) and called a very old co-worker and ... asked about a menthol pipe tobacco we shared from his pouch. ... co-worker remembers that it was "Greenbrier" or something very close ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Whats the problem with Captain Black White?
    ... Having read about it so much, I bought a pouch. ... ever had since I've started smoking pipe seven months ago. ... and flavored tobacco made from lower grade leaf and containing, say 40% additives by weight, will not burn, taste, or smell the way a high-quality tobacco processed without compromise will." ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Whats the problem with Captain Black White?
    ... Having read about it so much, I bought a pouch. ... I still like to smoke this on occasions. ... I have dedicated a pipe to it- and clean it soon after smoking. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)