Re: OT: Personal notes and web news

On Feb 13, 11:53 am, Bert Olton <artor...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings ASP,

Just had to do a shout out - Child #3, a. k. a. Son #1, a. k. a. Erik,
and his lady, announced a couple of days ago that they're going to have
a baby.  Shaina is 6 weeks pregnant with the little person who's going
to be my FIRST GRANDKID!!!  It's about danged time - our 6 kids range in
age from 21 to 33.

Wish I could buy you all a round and pass out some samples of my DPE -
and no, thanks anyway, I'm not packaging them up and hiking to the Post
Office tomorrow! <g>   Bon's excited as all get out - she's already
knitting a blanket.  I put my arm around Erik's shoulder, looked him in
the eye and said, "...Ah.  I finally get to watch someone get even with
one of you guys!"

On the Internet side of things, I've done some revamping of my web site;
<http://www.canaltownanvil.org> .  Nothing major, just finally had the
time to clean things up, organize a little better and learn some tricks
with a different CMS.

On aspipes.org, I've loaded another web analytics program.  This one's
called "Clicky" - kind of a lame name, I know, but it looks like a good
one.  It's a lot less intrusive than Google Analytics (GA) and doesn't
slow the site down the way GA did.  I have a lot of respect for the
innovations and thoroughness of the outfit, I just don't like the Google
corporation.

Anyway, that's the news from Lake Woebegone.  Black Mallory in an
Ehrlich's meer lined 1/4 bent bulldog briar.

Best regards to all,
Bert
--
Si vis pacem, para bellum.  To those who have served or are serving the
cause of freedom in peace or in war at home or abroad, thank you. Let's

Congrat's Burt ! I'm a gramps 2 times, you'll love it !!

Paul Z
.