Re: Unique Amber Stem WDC Pipe
- From: "Norm Musicant" <rnmusicant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 12:55:20 -0800
Amber ranges in color from green and palest yellow through dark red. Yellow to "honey" color is the most common. The color alone is not an indicator, the hot needle is reliable (although it does mar the surface).
"Mike Hagley" <hagley@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ovg1p.14623$RT3.14231@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
?I don't think the stem is amber. I believe that is celluloid. Amber is yellow, not red. I have been collecting pipes for about 40 years, and have owned several WDC and Kaywoodies which had stems that look like yours.
Regardless, it is a nice looking pipe.
"Jim Lewis" <jimlewis1972@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ab471853-3585-4193-8c52-2e4f2e205668@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThanks for your reply Glen...Great to hear from you!!!
I uploaded two pictures of the pipe. They can be found here:
- Prev by Date: Re: SAT. 2/5 morning smokes
- Next by Date: SAT. 2/5 afternoon smoke(s)
- Previous by thread: SAT. 2/5 morning smokes
- Next by thread: SAT. 2/5 afternoon smoke(s)