Re: now this is a big pipe

On Sep 7, 7:07 pm, Paul Z <pzo...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sep 7, 4:54 pm, Mouse <mic...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIPE-MARIO-GRANDI-ITALY-BRIAR-SMOOTH-FIAMMATA-NEW...

Nice pipe Mouse !   I'd have to smoke a really nice Va in that baby.
At least 2 DGT's from that bowl.

Paul Z

**************************************
Indeed a magnum of sorts. Mr. Math here can't translate the
measurements even given one equivalent. That would be inner bowl
diamter. 25mm in "American"?
Anyhow, it probably beats my AshtonMagum in some respects.

http://img200.imageshack.us/i/062509126.jpg/

these measurements the best I can do with a 6" plastic/rubber ruler
which actually will bend a little.

bowl depth: 1 3/4"
inside bowl diameter: 1 1/4"
Walls thickness: 1 3/8"
total length: 7"
(I didn't bother trying for the bowl height but sure that one is
taller & of course, longer). Thanx to Mrs. AL Lloyd for the excellent
photography.
That Pete AL is chomping on is not a small pipe by any imagination!
A quarter will drop almost to the bottom of the v-shape bowl with room
to spare.
cheers, Ed Duncan, Batavia, NY

  • Pipemen I Have Known #14
    ... During my early smoking days I was strictly a one-pipe man, reasoning ... that technique rather than length or bowl size was the key to ... unhygienic world of the estate pipe, ... daintily held a pair of gold pinz-nez glasses to his eyes. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Pipemen I Have Known #14
    ... Ted Woodley wrote: ... that technique rather than length or bowl size was the key to ... unhygienic world of the estate pipe, ... daintily held a pair of gold pinz-nez glasses to his eyes. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Pipemen I Have Known #14
    ... Ted Woodley wrote: ... that technique rather than length or bowl size was the key to ... unhygienic world of the estate pipe, ... daintily held a pair of gold pinz-nez glasses to his eyes. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Pipemen I Have Known #14
    ... Kendal Cream Flake. ... Ted Woodley wrote: ... that technique rather than length or bowl size was the key to ... unhygienic world of the estate pipe, ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Serendipity doo dah method of tobacco packing
    ... loading technique leaves something to be desired. ... So I grabbed the pipe I thought might be driest, my Sav Oscar pot, and the little baggie of McClelland 5100 that was sitting close to hand. ... I dribbled some tobacco into the bowl, tapped the sides of the pipe, then unceremoniously mashed it in. ... I drew the smoke into my mouth in a dense palpable wad almost thick enough to chew, and exhaled it in a slowly expanding cloud of billowing sweet-smelling fog. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)