Re: how to "cure" a pipe?

Hello,

Check this out http://www.pipes.org/Articles/PipeSweet.html as a
solution for sweeting your pipe. You could also just take a pipe
cleaner with some whiskey or something and rub that through the stem
and around the inside of the bowl, let it sit for 24 or so hours
before smoking it again. Keep doing that after each smoke and it
should start to taste better as well. The latter option would mean
struggling through some bad bowls so it depends on your threshold for
putting up with bad smoke.

There are also commercial pipe sweeteners that work as well and can be
purchased via the net or at a local B&M.

I am sure that you will get a mix of opinions about putting salt in
the pipe as suggested by the link, but I offer these solutions as ones
that I have used and they worked for me.

Have fun.
Scott

.