Re: Friday evening smoke

On May 28, 9:10 pm, kim <kkocher...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Evening Ken, ASP. Got home from work circa 7:30 and a friend was
sitting on my porch with a fifth each of Pappy Van Winkel 20yr. and 23
yr. Bourbons. My first taste of both. Filled my Radice Rubens with
Wessex Burley Slice and we proceeded to taste the two Bourbon's neat,
side by side. I've done tastings with Blanton's, Booker's, Basil
Hayden, Baker's #7, Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve, Maker's Mark, Wild
Turkey, Evan Wms.....you get the picture. These were HEAD AND
SHOULDERS above the whole lot ! Twas a real head turner for me. The
best of the best ! The Pappy 20 was the lighter of the two, in every
sense. The 23 was the MadMan ! For the money....the 20. For sheer
hedonism....the 23. BTW.....no tobacco goes with Bourbon like Burley !
Now it's a Duvel Belgian Blonde Ale to decompress.

Kim

evening greets all from now 65, calm, clear Western NY, low humidity
helps too. After the usual Fri. nite "stuff", tea/reading evening
"rag", DGT '06 HauntedBookshop in enormous bowl MelCates freehand.
After checking latest e-messages......to the chats.

Ed Duncan, Batavia, NY
pipe since '62, brain addled/mindless forever
.