Re: briar pipes?

On May 28, 3:41 pm, Ken Dixon <nsvmi...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/28/10 6:10 PM, davetheclaypipesmoker wrote:

Hi. I have a question. Basically I only have one briar pipe. Which is
a Falcon pipe. I have to say I think this is a terrible pipe. Because
of it stupid bowl filtration design. Which effects the quality and
flavour of the smoke.

I have a Meerschaum pipe on the way to me from Turkey.

Can you recommend a good briar pipe?
Do you think I should go for a filter pipe?
Or just go none filter? Like my clay pipes.

You can't go wrong with a Stanwell or Savinelli, great bang for the buck
pipes. If you're looking to spend a little more get a Tinsky.
As for the filters, I never use them.

--
Ken in Miami

Cavicchi rusticated are the best values out there

  • Re: There is wrong & then there is....
    ... As a pipester living in Finland I find this filter ... Corneel, you know, there are so few pipe smokers here in Finland that I ... Non filter pipes hardly sell at all in Germany. ... Europeans here appear for a short while, ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: There is wrong & then there is....
    ... As a pipester living in Finland I find this filter ... Corneel, you know, there are so few pipe smokers here in Finland that I ... Non filter pipes hardly sell at all in Germany. ... Europeans here appear for a short while, ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Vectra Diesel starting problem - ongoing
    ... A stiff pipe runs from the tank to the back of the engine compartment right hand side, then via a flexible pipe to another stiff pipe crossing to the left side of the vehicle into the fuel filter. ... However it does suggest that poor starting because of air leaks has been a problem before. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: 9mm filters and replying to an older post
    ... Some pipe smokers report that filters successfully ... tobaccos, but given the number of currently available pipe tobaccos ... *required* a filter to be enjoyable. ... provided one takes care to keep the rest of the smoke channel properly ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Writing a web server, filtering CGI output
    ... will receive a SIGPIPE if it wants to write to a pipe which is ... | have to fork twice, ... Once after acceptto spawn the connection ... You have to decide if you want to filter or not. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)