Re: Tired of latakia?

On Apr 3, 11:35 pm, "K. Smith" <ksmit...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just smoked a half bowl of Epiphany from a jar that I haven't touched
in quite a while, but remember liking it when I first got it.  I don't
know if I'm just burned out on latakia containing blends or if it's just
this one, but I didn't even finish the pipe.

I used to think latakia blends were the greatest thing since indoor
plumbing, but anymore I find myself reaching for stuff like Christmas
Cheer, Hal O the Wynd, NightTrain, and PA.

Kevin

I'm having the same problem right now, Kevin. I'm smoking aromatics a
lot more and also light English blends that are aromatic like
Boswell's Magnum Blend. Epiphany is one of my all-time favorite blends
but this last half pound I got doesn't seem to have as much topping,
thus I'm smoking it less.

Smokey

  • Re: Hmmm... not sure if I like Latakia.
    ... with a lovely golden brown and black tobacco cut into small ribbons. ... for English Blends, or more importantly the ever loved Latakia. ... and to develop into a pipe smoker that can pass down the same ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Latakia, Structure and Ageing
    ... are English blends I'm very fond of (Presbyterian, Squadron Leader, Lancer's ... They're pretty mild Latakia wise with good VA bases, ... Virginias have ripened nicely creating a more balanced (to his taste) ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: VaOr blends - Underappreciated or Underrepresented?
    ... It's not that I find Latakia intolerable. ... are there any other VA-Oriental blends worth exploring? ... Something, perhaps, with slighly less of the sour component of Presbyterian? ... I keep the Virginias and Orientals in the front, with the Perique lightly bringing up the rear. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Latakia question
    ... said that apparently I was going more for the latakia. ... not aromatics. ... Experimenting, and trying new tobacco's and blends, is truly one of the ... Dunhill Early Morning ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: VaOr blends - Underappreciated or Underrepresented?
    ... I love Presbyterian, to the point of considering eschewing nearly all ... It's not that I find Latakia intolerable. ... are there any other VA-Oriental blends worth exploring? ... it also contains a wee shake of perique, but the new one will be quite ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)