Re: May I ask the stupid question of the day? I need advice about my new Kaywoodie.
- From: Paul Z <pzolig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 00:56:13 -0700 (PDT)
On Jun 19, 2:47 pm, schnorrer <preston.fors...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just received a really lovely Kaywoodie billiard that I ordered
online (thanks pipesandcigars.com! The grain is beautiful, and looks
even better than it did in the picture. I also appreciate the
"goodies thrown in).
This is my first pipe with a "stinger" (I think it is called), or more
formally, the Drinkless System. My question, how in heck do you clean
it? Do I have to pull it out somehow, or is there a way to run a pipe
cleaner through it?
Also, if anybody would be so kind to tell me, is it ok to break this
pipe down when hot (can't imagine it would hurt the stem as now the
mortise and tenon is a metal fitting.
Thank you in advance for any advice!
Best wishes and have a great weekend,
I have a few Kaywoodies as you described. i find a cleaner passes
thru the stem with no problem, it just takes a little practice some
times. One of the things I enjoy about this style system is that I
can unscrew the stem without harming anything while smoking it. I can
run a cleaner thru, wipe off the stinger, and run a cleaner thru
the shank into the bowl. The onlky suggestion I can offer is that you
use a light when when screwing the stem back into the stummel. The
stinger thingie is glued in and may have softened during smoking. Too
much twist may cause it to not align properly. Easy does it and you
should have an enjoyable pipe.
- Prev by Date: Re: AD: Perry White Stack Billiard and 5 others...
- Next by Date: Re: OT Surprise party
- Previous by thread: Re: May I ask the stupid question of the day? I need advice about my new Kaywoodie.
- Next by thread: Re: May I ask the stupid question of the day? I need advice about my new Kaywoodie.