AD: Dunhill Smooth Einstein Pipe at THE BRIAR GALLERY

A brand-new, unsmoked Dunhill ALBERT EINSTEIN: THEORY OF SPECIAL RELATIVITY
COMMEMORATIVE PIPE (2005), with SMOOTH (Amber Root) finish, is now on sale
at THE BRIAR GALLERY.

www.BriarGallery.com

.... then go to the GALLERY SHOP and the RARE DUNHILL page.

Dunhill made only 150 Einstein pipes in the Amber Root finish, to celebrate
the 100th anniversary of Einstein's paper on Special Relativity. (They also
issued 250 Shell briars.) This particular pipe is No. 133.

Einstein is one of the most famous pipe-smokers of all time ... perhaps
almost as well-known as Sherlock Holmes. Apparently he favored the apple
shape, and so Dunhill's pipe is a lovely 5101, sporting a sterling siler
ring containing Einstein's famous equation, E=mc2. The pipe comes in a
handsome tan leather book-box.

I don't know how many commemorative pipes have been issued to celebrate
scientific achievements. But given the number of twentieth-century
scientists who smoked pipes, Dunhill's Einstein Pipe strikes me as
extraordinarily appropriate and appealing celebration.

When visiting THE BRIAR GALLERY, I invite you to visit some of the many
exhibit halls devoted to displaying and discussing the work of some
extrordinarily creative and original Japanese and Danish pipe-makers.

Thomas Looker
Student of Pipes
Curator, THE BRIAR GALLERY
www.BriarGallery.com

  • Re: was Re: Einstein, the nicotine addict.
    ... >> What interests me about Einstein is that without access to computers ... >> does pipe smoking, itself, somehow contribute to the creative process ... it appears that without nicotine ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Trivia: What did they smoke?
    ... > Most books on pipe smoking have a section devoted to famous pipe ... > smokers: Mark Twain, MacArthur, Gerald Ford, Einstein, Albert ... > enlightening to smoke what Einstein smoked... ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Einstein, the nicotine addict.
    ... >>> says the famous physicist used to pick up cigarette butts off U.S. ... >>> streets to smoke in his pipe. ... >>> Bernhard Caesar Einstein said in the letter written in 1998 that his ... >>> orders to stop smoking, ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Einsteins leadership
    ... I was trying to find some naval content with regard to Einstein. ... He Loathed Science Fiction ... A life member of the Montreal Pipe Smokers Club, ... His Cat Suffered Depression ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: My Take on High Grades
    ... for a Grabow to be a great smoker. ... not nearly so high in the case of Dunhill) are ... pipe terms to illustrate the lunacy of this argument). ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)