Re: Sorry. Real Newbie Question. How do I get to the FAQ?
- From: tom clemons <tclemons2@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:22:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Tim D,
I say go ahead and ask your questions here. ASP is here (at least in
part) to help folks improve their pipe-smoking experience/technique/
knowledge. Any on-topic question is legitimate here. Even if your
question is addressed in the ASP FAQ, I'd strongly encourage you to
post your question here, for many reasons:
1. The FAQ hasn't been updated in a while in terms of content (e.g.,
look at packing a pipe - no mention of the various methods of packing
flakes or broken flakes or the "Frank" method, or the "Bucky Balls"
2. Often folks have more/additional information or different takes on
things than what might be in the FAQ.
3. Others might have the same question as you, but haven't posted such
4. Even the more experienced pipe smokers will admit to learning a new
trick or two from responses to a repeat question.
I'm NOT saying to not consult the FAQ or other boards or other sources
of information. But I hope you do not refrain from asking a question
here because it is in the FAQ. Yes, you will most likely have more
than one response that advises checking the FAQ instead of, or in
addition to, providing a direct helpful response. But keep on
Take care Tim D.
ASP Fall 1998
Don't hesitate to ask a question.
On Jun 21, 11:54 am, Tim D <wh...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi ASPers. Thanks for the kind welcome you've given to this newbie,
despite my occasional stupid questions. A couple of folks have advised
that I look at the FAQ before asking questions, but I have looked all
over the page and can't seem to find a link to the FAQ. Any help?
Thanks. Happy smoking on this hot Sat.
- Prev by Date: Re: Evening smoke
- Next by Date: Re: Anyone interested in tobacco trading?
- Previous by thread: Re: Sorry. Real Newbie Question. How do I get to the FAQ?
- Next by thread: So this is what the gnomes look like! (Pipe Holder)